Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.e-guards.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computers with restricted access that are located in controlled facilities.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset.
When we transmit sensitive information such as your credit card number and address details over the Internet, we protect it through the use of 128-bit encryption certificates and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol - the industry-standard method for protecting web communications.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. Except as outlined above, we will not pass your details on to third parties without your express consent.